You’re in for a treat in today’s post! I’ve been wanting to make these for a while and I’m so glad how they turned out.
These oatmeal cream pies were probably the easiest and quickest thing I’ve ever made and the entire recipe calls for all vegan ingredients.
Let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need :
- 3/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used olive oil butter + room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp ground flax + with 3 tbsp water & let sit 5 mins)
- 1 tbsp of molasses
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (which ever you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut cream (for a more fluffier frosting)
Baking Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat the oven at 350f and line a baking sheet with a non stick paper or a reusable silicone sheet. First prep the flax egg. Mix the flax egg with water in a small bowl and set aside for later.
- Add in your vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar into a separate bowl. Time to mix all three with and electric mixer to whip together until creamy and fluffy, should only take a couple minutes.
- Next, add in your set aside flax egg, molasses, vanilla and mix together for 30 seconds.
- Add in all your dry ingredients : flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make sure to mix together well an evenly.
- Now mix both batches of mixes together until you have a smooth barely stick dough. Go ahead and start scooping and drop the cookies onto the lined baking sheet. Make sure that each cookie is about 2 inches.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes until the cookies are fully cooked.
- Remove the tray from the oven and set aside to cool. Let cool for 5 minutes. When they are cool enough you made add you frosting.
- Once the oatmeal cookies have cooled completely, time to make the frosting. Place the vegan butter to a large mixing bowl and use a electric mixer to beat until light and fluffy for a good 2 mins.
- Next, add vanilla and mix together for 20 seconds.
- Add in your powdered sugar little at a time until you have a thick and smooth frosting. If you want a more fluffier frosting add in the coconut cream.
- Now that frosting is thick and fluffy start adding frosting to cool cookies.
- Add your themed colored sprinkles and then place cookies in fridge for 5 minutes so both cookie and frosting stick together better.
- ENJOY WITH THE FAM OR FRIENDS XO
There you go! An easy Fourth of July treat that everyone will say YUMMY! Hope you guys have a wonderful 4th and enjoy this easy treat. Thank me later 🇺🇸